The position is responsible for technical writing, editing and publishing for technical reports and Statement of Qualifications packages for new projects. Ensures applicable policies (government or Company) have been followed and edits, conforms, formats the documents to meet all applicable standards for grammar, punctuation, word flow consistency, proper cross-referencing, and graphical presentation prior to release. Must utilize current software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; other publishing and presentation software to improve the presentation of the Company are preferred. The Company uses substantial cross-referencing in Word including appendices back-referenced into the Table of Contents.
This position will research historical company documents and use data from staff to prepare correspondence and special reports. This position works with engineers on an individual and collective basis to provide training in good writing practices, reporting format, content, and effective use of visual aids. In addition, they will prepare, process, and follow through to completion the printing, assembly and shipping of report documents with accompanying submittal documentation. This position requires working full time in our corporate office in Oviedo, FL.
Tigerbrain is a global airfield and heavy pavement civil engineering design firm. Our team provides powerful and effective pavement solutions in unique and challenging regions to include locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean. Clients primarily include the US Government, all branches of the Department of Defense, and private sector commercial customers.
Tigerbrain maintains an impeccable reputation for quality and employs those looking to execute challenging projects to the fullest extent. We are the industry leader and the very best at what we do. Tigerbrain provides state-of-the-art tools, automation, and training, which includes hands-on experiences, in the field and in-office, to enable each employee to excel. Employees are encouraged to be proactive and creatively solve problems through an “Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome” philosophy. Tigerbrain delivers excellence through its “Run it Like You Own it” style and drive to ensure each employee maintains a strong work-life/personal-life balance.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SpecsIntact
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in utilizing report structure including development of covers, TOC, footnoting, cross-referencing, table development, document comparison
- Executive Brief summarizations, reports, appendices, footnoting, table building, and editing
- Incorporate multiple tables from Excel into report; photographs to be sized, edited, input and referenced; all pages to be numbered with chapter or appendix, and then update tables and TOC
- Additional skills in graphic software for making report covers desired but not a requirement
- Understanding of civil engineering and construction, namely horizontal, concrete and asphalt, a plus
- Experienced English and grammar editor to edit reports a plus
- Permanent position in a fast paced engineering firm with intense quality and deadline performance standards
- Some projects may require extended hours in order to meet client deadlines
- Must communicate effectively and interact well with people
- BS in Legal Studies
- Strong written and communication skills
- MA in Technical Communications a plus
- Foreign languages a plus
- Database capability a plus
- Applicant must be a US citizen and capable of passing US security background checks
- US military contract requirements do not allow dual-citizenship or non-US citizens
- Applicant must pass drug screen and driving record check
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience, starting at $55,000
- 15 days PTO annually
- 12 paid holidays annually
- 401(k) with employer matching 100% up to 3% of employee salary
- 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan providing an additional 3% of salary for all employees
- Health insurance with company paying 100% of premiums for employees and family
- Employer funded Health Reimbursement Card (HRA) for medical, dental and vision expenses
- Company paid life insurance policy of 1x annual salary